Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Having palpitations. Belching and burping. What is it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1981
Answered : 922 Questions
I've been having palpitations on and off for years cardio doc said they were pvc's and pac's and that it was normal. But now i seem to be getting them more after I eat, with belching and burping. What is it?
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
welcome to health care magic
PVC , PAC are called as ectopics or extra beats.
These are normally occurs in all individuals more or less same.
But if these are associated with any symptoms like giddiness and chest pain, syncope , these should be evaluated.
Some time this ectopics can happen in smokers , and with some drugs .
So if you are getting more and uncomfortable with this you need further evaluation like holter analysis which will determine how much frequently you are getting these and is there any treatment needed.
thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor