Having pain in kidney and diarrhea. What medication should be taken?

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I'm pooping yellow liquid and my kidneys are aching I've been like this for two days and dhiarreah medication isn't helping
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely cause for your diarrhoea could be infective- related to viral infection. In most cases, it is self-limiting in nature and resolves on its own in a few days.

However, if the frequency or volume of stools is not reducing, it may be better to get the stool examined for the presence of any bacterial infection. In the meanwhile, you may start a course of antibiotics, after consulting your GP.

Please ensure that you are adequately hydrated (with fluids including juices, etc).

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM