Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Having pain and itching after sex. Noticed fungus like creation. What is the cause? Treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 9400 Questions
Dear Doctor. My question is relating to sexual problems.
I had a sex 2 months back. After sex, my dick (cock) started paining.
Everyday its itching and on top of Dick i feel likes someone is poking with a needle..
Its itching all the time.. Top the the dick.
Also inside there a round small fungus like creation,, small white dots surrounding cock line inside.
Should it be treated?
Whats the problem?
And what medicine should be taken?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Treatment required; causes listed

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

At first, I would like to ask if you had protected or unprotected sexual intercourse sir? Based on the symptoms provided it does sound like you could have contracted an infection from the sexual encounter that you had, and yes sir, it will have to be treated.

Unfortunately, treatment cannot be advised without investigation and a physical examination as there are many different types of infections that can cause such a presentation after sexual contact, and all of them are treated differently. Some are of viral source, some bacterial and some fungal. So treatment is specific and can be decided only after investigations sir.

But for your reference I shall list some of the possible causes:
-Candida/yeast infection
-Urinary tract infection
and a few others.

I hope you understand why it is necessary for you to visit your doctor and get examined sir. I also hope you found my response helpful, please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications sir. I would be more than happy to help you.

Wishing you a speedy recovery,
God bless.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain and itching after sex. Noticed fungus like creation. What is the cause? Treatment? 2 hours later
Dear Doctor
I had protected Sex.. used condoms..
Its itching after i had sex,, its from last 2 months.. and sometimes i feel like i my dick is poked with needle..
I feel its some infection..
Whats the common medicine i can use for it??
Whenever i masturbate it pains..
And i am uncomfortable to go to a doctor and show it..
So please help me..
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fluconazole or miconazole ointment

Detailed Answer:
Hello my friend.

There is nothing to feel shy or uncomfortable about, if you can, please try to visit a doctor, as only this can ensure effective treatment. I can give you the most commonly used treatment for the most common infection, but if you do not have this infection, then this treatment will not help you at all, and you will have to experience these symptoms for a longer period of time.

The medication that can be used is either fluconazole or miconazole. This is the content, and is an over-the-counter medication that is used for the treatment of fungal infections. It is available in the capsule form and also in the ointment form. Please use the ointment form and apply locally twice a day on your genitals after cleaning and drying it. Also, please keep your genitals clean and dry at all times.

I hope this treatment helps you sir. But as mentioned before, this might not work if you do not have this infection. Wishing you a speedy recovery and a healthy life thereafter my friend.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain and itching after sex. Noticed fungus like creation. What is the cause? Treatment? 9 minutes later
Dear Doctor.
Should i use dettol to clean my genetials?
Should i apply dettol directly or with water?
Will i get the qintment in the above name? or its just a content??

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Just the content; dettol only to bath water

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir.

Dettol (just a cup) can be added to the water you are going to use for a shower, nothing more than this would be required, do not apply this directly as you need to keep the area dry. You will not get the ointment in the same name, as this is only the content, but if you ask the help at the pharmacy they will surely understand. So you will easily get it.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having pain and itching after sex. Noticed fungus like creation. What is the cause? Treatment? 7 minutes later
Dear Doctor.
Can u tell the ointment name which has the above contents which is available in India in pharmacy??
Give me the names please..

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Brand names cannot be disclosed normally

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir.

By law and rules we are not allowed to give out brand names on this forum sir. The reason being, that various brands can have various side effects. But I have explained this to you and have also explained that these medications will require a doctors examination and prescription before you can start them. But I am making an exception this one time sir, and going out of my way to help you. But please report to a doctor if you experience and side effects. You can try asking for Synadil-M or clobetasol-GM. And if you do not find them, then just ask for the components that I have mentioned in my previous response. You will easily be given the right medication by a pharmacist in India.

Hope this helps you sir.

Best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor