Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Having one leg slimmer than the other. Tried exercises. How to get both legs same?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 85 Questions
i have one leg slimmer than the other all the way down from can i get them both the same i have tried exercise.........i cant wear leggings or skirts .thigh and calves noticeable
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 37 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX
There are several causes of limb asymmetry in girth.I would not get into details of that.To see the exact appearance I need to atleast see your bilateral lower extremities in pictoral form to comment what can be done to treat it. Has the cause been found out by any previous examination or investigation done in form of colour Doppler suggesting the blood supply or bony and muscular structure by xrays or CT scan etc? If you have any reports supporting your condition then kindly attach them along with the pictures of your bilateral limbs from front view side and back views. Usually symmetry is possible to be given by fat grafting for thighs and calf implant if opposite calf is muscular and by fat grafting if its more flabby.I hope I have given you some insight.If you have any further queries feel free to post again along with pictures.
God bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Consultant Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon
New Delhi, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having one leg slimmer than the other. Tried exercises. How to get both legs same? 11 minutes later
no i have been doctors but havent had scans etc for it...was told by friend to have an electrical one forgot whats its called....i just want two normal sized legs but implants will give me scars i already have scared there somethig else..injections etc that are desperate and want to wear a swimsuit before i die ...:( or even leggings ..skirt

hi ic attached pics

please try and help me ..heard india docs surgeans ok and while on an asian u know how we are (indian)

i was in a bad marriage and over 25 years ago.i took rat poison to die.but didnt my skin went dark.:(..i know in india women get their skin lightened.i just want my natural colour back...any really upsets me with having dodgy legs...dont say creams tablets they dont do anything
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 26 minutes later
I totally understand your feelings. I'm really sorry to hear your heart out.After seeing your pictures if you don't want any scars then liposuction and fat grafting into the thinner limb may be the best option available to you in my opinion.But whether that's the treatment most suitable to give you best results or not can only be commented once a plastic surgeon sees you in person and examines you personally. As far as pigmentation of legs is concerned nothing works perfectly even for Indian women , but laser treatments for resurfacing the skin followed by some ointments may lighten the pigmentation to some extent. It usually takes 6 to 8 sittings over a period of about 6 to 9 months to give some favourable results.
I hope I have been of some help. If you have any further doubts feel free to post again or mail me directly at my personal email address YYYY@YYYY
God bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Consultant Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeon
New Delhi, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Having one leg slimmer than the other. Tried exercises. How to get both legs same? 14 hours later

thanks for your replies

i have been to a plastic surgeon for theidea that you suggested but i havent got any fat to put into the thinner limb....
and having implants may may my legs look even weird....

is there nothing else i can do...and i want to lighten the skin a fraction on my face please ...and abdomen...:( i just want to feel normal and enjoy my life without ex now but i have insecurites
Answered by Dr. Mayank Singh 18 minutes later
thanks for posting your query. If the plastic surgeon has examined you and has not found any part of your body having adequate fat then it may not be possible to increase the girth. Implant is definitely not going to help you , as per your pictures. The only thing you can do to improve pigmentation is , get a laser resurfacing with ointments for depigmentation.I hope my opinion has helped you.If you are satisfied with my answers kindly accept them on XXXXXXX website.
God bless
Dr Mayank Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor