Having numbness and tingling in arm. Attending strength training sessions. Dislocated shoulder many times. What else could it be?
1. Based on your history of recurrent left shoulder dislocation, cold left fingers compared to right this is most likely due to variation in blood supply. Due to vigorous activity/dislocation there may be damage / reduced blood supply due to vascular compression in left upper limb.
2. There chances of nerve damage/ damaged nerve recovery or reduced blood supply to nerve (Tingling and numbness), damage to muscle and neuro vascular bundle due to dislocation though less likely cannot be excluded.
3. I would suggest that you get a doppler ultrasound to diagnose the vascular cause. Nerve conduction test and for recurrent dislocation X-ray / CT scan can help us determine the cause. Your physician can help you with these test.
4. You can try multivitamin and Pregabalin tablets for nerve protection/tingling and numbness.
5. Have adequate regular sleep, plenty of fluids, nutritious diet with required calorie. Get back with the reports for more discussion on management.
Hope I answered your question. Consult your doctor for further management.
Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries or doubts and I shall be glad to help you out. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What doctor treats a dislocated shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder with numb and tingling in hand
- What causes tingling and numbness in lower arm
- Numbness tingling in arms affecting sleep what could it be
- What exercise i can do for dislocated shoulder
- Dislocated shoulder cant lift arm up
- Dislocated shoulder and still cant lift my arm up
- Tingling hand after dislocated shoulder
- What causes tingling and numbness in arms
- What causes tingling sensation and numbness in hands and arms
- Had vaginal mesh sling done. Taken antibiotics for bladder infections....
- Have sore throat. Diagnosed throat infection. Took Penicillin. Noticed...
- Had heart ablation for A-Fib. Prescribed Omeprazole. Having cough....
- Have clear, itchy bumps on arms and legs. Clear liquid discharge. Due to...
- Have COPD. Taking Spriva. Anything else that will work for COPD?
- Have lyme disease. Pregnant. Diagnosed high levels of mold in blood....
- Banged heads and did not loose consciousness. Suffer head spins and...
- Pain after implanting neuromodulator. No fever. Reason for pain?
- Had flu shot and pneumonia shot. Having upset stomach, nausea and acid...
- How accurate is negative RPR test at 39 days post exposure?