Having non-cancerous small nodule in breast. What to do?

Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli

Oncologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 19 Nov 2013 in Breast Cancer
Question: I have been check out for breast cancer but had a small nodule non cancer But my breast are very
tender to the touch
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kiran Kannepalli 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Was a biopsy done?

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

Thanks for the query, I understand your concern.

At your age, nodules must be viewed with suspicion. I don't want to frighten you but it is better that you are doubly sure before dismissing anything.

Did you undergo a mammogram and/ or biopsy of the lesion and is it palpable or has it been diagnosed on screening mammogram. If not excision or at least a needle test should be performed.

As far as tenderness is concerned drugs are available. The cause might be duct ectasia for which surgery is a better option.

If you can provide more details, I will be able to provide better suggestions. Thanks again for the query.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D