Having mild fever and cough. Reports show IGG(elisa)- >200 RU/ml. What should be the next step?

Dr. Pratap VGM

Diabetologist

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: my wife, age 27, had mild fever and body pain with cough and congestion. she was given a course of antibiotics which is now done. she has recovered. we got her tested for typhoid, dengue and malaria with CBC. all reports are normal except IGG (elisa) which is >200 RU/ml what should be the next steps? doctor said nothing to worry but i am concerned because we are planning a baby. should we be concerned.what should be done?
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Post viral infection status, dont worry Detailed Answer: Dear sir/ madam Welcome to healthcare magic I read your quiery and reviewed your reports, one thing I can tell you that you are in post infective recovery state where the concentrations of IGG will be more and IgM will be less.. it is a recovery phase and every other parameters are normal.. but you didnt do your platelet count estimation, it is a vital But as per noe you dont need to worry, continue your current antibiotics and other medicines as per the indication. Eat good and healthy diet Everything will be fine Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D