Having headache and severe pain in eyes. How to get relief?

Dr. Das Arindam

Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Question: Hi
I am 37 year old and from past few weeks have severe pain in both eyes when I go to office and head ache at the centre. When I am at home, the pain seems to be less. I got my eye sight checked and it is fine. Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later
Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, the symptoms you described, indicates possibility of tension headache. It occurs, due to stress and strain in your office job.it is very common to us. It mainly aggravates on Monday. It can also occurs due to sleep deprivation, long gap between two meal.

You have to do the followings
1.     Do some aerobics daily to reduce the tension, stress and strain related with your work.
2.     Take balanced nutritious diet. Keep biscuit like light food. Take it every 2 hours.
3.     Take micro breaks of 5 minutes from the job every one hour. Make it a habit.
4.     If you have sleep deprivation, consult with your general physician for prescribing a good sedative agent.
5.     Take simple paracetamol 650 mg when you are having headache.
6.     Take one pantoprazole group of drug daily in empty stomach.
7.     You have to take amitriptyline group of drug for chronic headache. For this, you have to consult with your general physician or neurologist.

Lastly, you can consult with a neurologist for a thorough clinical examination, for ordering any investigations required and for further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Regards.