Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Having hard, painless lump between ear and chin. What could this be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1109 Questions
jaw line half way between ear and chin, hard lump, moveable, painless, size of small pea
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 37 minutes later
Brief Answer: get examined Detailed Answer: Hello, The size is very small and the place over face , above the bone , seems to be a swelling of the skin.And for that need not worry. But if you have doubts because of the family history , you can get done an ENT consultation for -- examination , Ultrasonography neck to know if there is any other swelling unnoticed and Then if required fine needle aspiration cytology (it is a needle test in which the tissue of the swelling is taken by needle aspiration and then the proper tissue diagnosis can be done). You must see that you do not have ulcers in mouth or any difficulty or pain while swallowing . able to move your tongue adequately. It will be better if get an examination done. In doubt do reply
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor