Having abdomen pain. Problem in passing stools. Had mid cycle bleeding. What to do?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Question: Hi. I have been having problems passing stools for the last 5 months and now I am having abdominal pain gas and I randomly will have mid cycle bleeding. I feel extremely tired and even when im awake and active I still have abdominal pain. Also I have random aches and pains throughout my body. By my food or my elbows along with my chest. I use to take the oxie elite pro and I know it ended up recalled for liver disease and non viral hepatitis so that makes me conserned. I do not have a loss of appetite but I do feel nauseous on and off. Like I said its been about 5 months of problems going to the bathroom and pains in the abdomen but the rest is new within month or two. I am 25 amd sexually active with one person for over a year and I have regular menstral cycles and this is the first time I have had mid cycle bleeding for 5 days. I was just wondering if you could make me feel a little better. I am planning on going in to a doctor but until then...
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pain abdomen needs investigations. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain in abdomen that you are having can be due to constipation, intestinal infection, renal or hepatic causes. It is less likely to be due to any liver damage caused by oxy elite pro. The exact cause can be made out after an examination and relevant investigations like ultrasound scan. If you had the mid cycle bleeding for the first time, then there is no need to worry. This can happen due to mild hormonal imbalance. You can wait till your next cycles and see if these are regular. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.