Owl Image

Have vaginal greenish discharge, lesions present on the external genitalia. Negative for STD. Infection?

Owl Image
Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Question
I have a thick beige ( a little greenish) discharge without odor along with
Lesions and cracked skin around lining of the hood area ( exterior) by hairline which I
believe is dried discharge... It has morphed from an odiferous discharge that started in July.
I have tested negative for all std's and have not had any sexual activity since August.
Three doctors assumed it was and all are stumped by the negative results and healthy bloodwork.

I was honest about my drug usage and was told it doesn't correlate, but I have exhausted researching other options.
Any ideas what could cause this irritation? Possible TSS long term effect?
Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

According to your symptoms - vaginal little greenish discharge, lesions present on the external genitalia, there is possibility of trichomonial infection.
The positive points for this are:
-Sometimes single diagnostic test with less sensitivity may not detect trichomonial infection.
So better to go for two tests, among them one should be culture and sensitivity.
Reference: WWW.WWWW.WW -Vaginal infection sometimes can occur by skin to skin contact, through tampon usage, sharing the rest rooms etc. apart form intercourse.
So better to take one course of broad spectrum antibiotics including drugs against anaerobic organisms. This can help possibly.
long term effects when treated early and properly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have vaginal greenish discharge, lesions present on the external genitalia. Negative for STD. Infection? 8 hours later
I have already taken antibiotics and have had tests done.

Does meth use have an effect?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later

Methamphetamine is not directly related to vaginal discharge.
But it can increase the chances of infection by decreasing the immunity and by increasing the libido.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.