Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

146 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have upset stomach. Blood test showed H Pylori infection in stomach. Any treatment?

Answered by
Dr. Das Arindam

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 1416 Questions

Posted on Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I recently complained of itching and upset stomach. Doctor took a blood test. Uric Acid was borderline and there was H Pylori infection in stomach. Doctor gave me Amoxcil 500 g * 2 to be taken after every meal for 14 days. Now it has been 2 weeks and I still have an upset stomach. Symptoms are: going to pass stool within 10 minutes of having a meal. The stools are sometime really dark brown, and sometimes tar black. Combination of loose and solid. This is really draining me out. I also have pain in my lower back just above the hips. Till the time I go to the doctor again can you please advise a solution for me.
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 23 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, the symptoms you mentioned are more suggestive of irritable bowel syndrome. If it was a simple case of H pylori infection, then it must be cleared after taking the medications you were taking.

So, now on, you have to follow some instructions
1.     Avoid fructose containing foods.
2.     Take high fiber diet.
3.     Take esomeprazole group of drug in an empty stomach.
4.     You have to take anti spasmodic agents to overcome the urge of defecation. The medicines like mebeverine are very much helpful in this condition. One tricyclic antidepressant agent should also be considered.

One more point is, you are having gastrointestinal hemorrhage. So, do not waste time. Consult with a gastroenterologist immediately.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Gastrointestinal hemorrhage

doctor1 MD

My wife went to the bathroom and became dizzy and broke into a cold sweat and thought she might pass out. She noticed blood around her stool. Not black stool . She has gone several times but no longer dizzy. Still blood around stool.

doctor1 MD

I drink 3 to 4 Martinis a day. I got sick and now I have a black liquid fowl sewage smelling diarrhea . I quit drinking 5 days ago to get through this but I can't stop the diarrhea. I've tried eating bananas, breads,... To thicken it. The first...

doctor1 MD

I have pain in my lower back, stomach, and blood in my stool. I have blood clots in my stool. I now have a hard time eating food because of the pain. I am dizzy and head pain . I cannot drink water either

doctor1 MD

My husband has adenocarcinoma pancreatic ca and is on hospice. His tumor is wrapped around the men s enteric artery and vein .It is rigid and not respectable after two.ties to do the whipped surgery . he is now on hospice and having new symptoms of back pain and red blood in his stools. Are these signs that the cancer is spreading? YYYY@YYYY Thank you