Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Have torn ligaments on back. Medical procedure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 394 Questions
I have torn ligaments in my back. what are the medical cost? and my medical procedures?

Also, what is multiple perneural cysts at the sacral level, L4/L5 severe spinal stenosis secondary to hypertrophy of the facets and ligamentum flavum areas, L5/s1 mild spinal stenosis secondary to hypertrophy of the facets and ligamentum flavum?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mukesh Tiwari 4 hours later

Welcome at XXXXXXX

I have read your query.Here is my answer for your questions-

A.Torn ligament in back & medical cost

Generally ligaments in back are not easily torn. This happen due to severe injury. Most of the torn ligament heal themselves .In case of severe stage they need treatment by surgery because this is commonly associated with bone injury or fracture also. The treatment cost of spine ligament surgery which should most probably also include fixation surgery do cost about $70-$95,000.This may vary from place to place.

B.Perinural cyst at sacrum & others.

The sacrum is part of our back bones. It is a single bone which is made up by fusion of five sacral small bones. In your case there are cysts or soft swellings surrounding your nerves in sacrum bone at your back.
In our spine there is a covering of sheet over the spinal cord, which covers it from back. In your case this sheet is thickened & has shortened the exit route from which nerves exit. In your case this is of higher degree at lumber 4 & lumber 5 vertebrae level while it is of low grade at lumber 5 & sacrum 1 vertebrae level.

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor