• question-icon

What could fracture of coccyx with burning & stinging pain suggest?

had a fall 24.11./11 bruised possible fracture of the coccyx ut most pain was in the sacrum now have a burning , stinging type pain in what feels like the hip bone or .tissue ( on the side i fell) not the muscle.was concerned it may be a hairline fracture but the doc just said its part of the injury.I work 8 hr shifts and am told i can go back next week...my job involves a lot walking , stairs, carrying ,bending and am concerned i may make it worse
Thu, 12 Dec 2019
Cardiologist 's  Response

I would agree with you on the fact that your daily work could exacerbate the situation. For this reason, I would recommend taking a couple of weeks of rest and trying to avoid straining physical activity. If the pain persists, I would recommend performing an X-ray study of this region.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ilir Sharka, Cardiologist