Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Have thyroid problem. Can you suggest what to take to reduce thyroid problem?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions

I have a thyroid problem, can you suggest me what are the contents to take to reduce
the thyroid.

Posted Tue, 10 Jul 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
thanks for the query.

-your reports are showing,
T3 and T4 levels at the lower limit of normal range,
and elevated TSH, which is suggesting hypothyroidism.
there is improvement in the levels of hormones in the second report.

-your swollen face, head ache etc are symptoms of hypothyroidism.

the measures you can take (with your doctor's advice only) to control your hypothyroidism are :

-continue your tablets regularly,
-you have to take iodine XXXXXXX food but avoid taking too much iodine,
-you have to include fish ,nuts, rice ,fruits, vegetables etc in your diet, prefer linseed or flaxseed oils.
-avoid refined salt(not containing iodine), refined sugars, caffeine drinks, alcohol, saturated fats etc.
-try to reduce cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts and soya beans etc in your diet.
-increase physical activity, try to do exercises to reduce body weight.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor