Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have swollen testicle and getting abdominal pain. What is the disease called?

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions

My 16 year old son has a testicle which has swollen 5/6 times more than his other, the last 10 days its started to give him dull intermitent aches in his left side abdomen, he has had this swelling for now 7 weeks, i was only told today
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 14 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
Firstly I suggest you to visit doctor because this isnt normal finding.
But good thing is that this is probably condition called hydrocele and it means that there is a fluid accumulation in his testicles. This is nothing serious,it can recover without treatment but also needle aspiration or surgical procedure can be done. You or him should try to feel is it hard,soft or liquid.Hydroceles are soft or liquid. Varicocele is alike hydrocele but you would see distended veins. Also if this is painful and there is redness in testical skin it tells us that there is possible infection. I wont mention some more serious diagnosis such as torsion or cancer because it is less possible, BUT isnt impossible. So please visit urologist and rule out something serious.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor