Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have swollen penis. Using bacitricin. Proper treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
for a couple weeks I've had a swollen penis some of the swelling has gone down but now i have a swollen ring around the base of the penis shaft and was trying to find out what that could be.
there is no discoloration but it is very tender i've been cleaning with soap and water three times a day and using bacitricin
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
The description fits with one of the following---
1. Penile edema.
2. Penile abscess.
3. Penile cellulitis.
You need physical examination to come to a diagnosis.
The treatment is based on the diagnosis.
Kindly take medical advice asap as it is a risky ccondition and you need to go to the ER.
Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor