Have swollen lymph in jaw. Prescribed zithromax. Is that enough?
I am Dr. Ditah and happy for this opportunity to be assisting you with your health questions today.
1. 3tablets of zithromax 500mg tablets are sufficient for the full course treatment of a standard 7-10days antibiotics treatment in an adult. If the diagnosis is correct and the germ is sensitive to azithromycin, then this is sufficient. It stays in the system for up to 7-10days after use in sufficient levels to continue the antibacterial activity. This is why a 3days course is often deemed as appropriate for an infection that requires this number of days.
2. Swollen lymph nodes in the jaw often results from an infection in the ear, nose or throat which drains into these lymph nodes. Azithromycin is a good drug in treating ear, nose and throat infections. I think this is her/his thought as of now after his full assessment of the swollen lymph nodes. If these lymph nodes should fail to regress after this empiric antibiotic treatment, then s/he may want to do some more specific investigations to understand better.
Other possible causes of this condition could be drugs, cancers, HIV, idiopathic,(no cause) etc, But you have not provided any information that may make me think of them. These are not possibilities to be considered now.
I hope this answers your question.
Please feel free to come back if you need more information.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What zithromax is prescribed for
- Suggest medication for swollen lymph nodes under the jaw
- Cpap swollen lymph nodes under jaw
- Painful swollen lymph nodes in jaw
- Swollen lymph nodes after jaw surgery
- Otitis externa swollen lymph nodes under jaw
- Swollen lymph nodes neck pain in jaw
- Have swollen lymph in jaw prescribed zithromax is that enough
- Swollen lymph node under jaw
- Swollen lymph nodes under jaw bone
- Feel constipated. Noticed white thread like strings in stools. Have...
- Having trouble focusing, completing tasks, and remembering things. Tried...
- Had attached fitness score report. What are the findings?
- Have raised platelet. Prescribed thyroxine for under active thyroid....
- Hba1c-5.2, Fasting blood sugar test-70 and Mean Glucose EBT-103....
- Foreskin is attached to penis through strip of skin, pain when move...
- Getting throbbing pain in arm moving down to elbow and wrist. Had no...
- Have swollen gums. Had endonitis work on root canal. Is this due to...
- Have swollen lymph in jaw. Prescribed zithromax. Is that enough?
- On trivolib, jauvia and Diamicronmr. Fasting sugar 180 to 230. How to...