Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have swollen and red ear lobes. Nose swollen. Should I see doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
I have swollen, red, hot ear lobes, one more so than the other, the area around my eyes near my nose is swollen and puffy and I have a rash which appeared on one side of my mouth. This started yesterday morning, so it's gone on for more than 24 hrs. I do not wear earrings. I'm in Hawaii on vacation. Should I see a doctor?
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 4 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

I think you are having a allergic reaction to something. This may be associated with itching.
Avoid and stop using new things that you have started recently. (May be a new soap or oil etc)

Consult your doctor who after physical examination will prescribe a antihistaminic if the diagnosis is confirmed. Some times he may prescribe calamine lotion.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor