Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Have swollen and crusty eyelid. Bathing several times with a mix of boris acid and hot water. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1015 Questions
i have a swollen eyelid crusty in am and hurts i just had the flu small bumps felt on lid bathing several times a day with a mix of boris acid and hot water.
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

Eyelid swelling is uncomfortable and sometimes painful. A swollen eyelid is usually caused by an infection, a blockage that leads to an infection or an allergic reaction. Allergies, Blepharitis and conjunctivitis or eye infection may present with the symptom.

You sound like you just came down with a virus,responsible for flu and the eye pain and swelling is normal.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Meanwhile you can do is to splash cool water on your face and in your eyes. This can remove any particles that could be irritating your eyes. Also, avoid rubbing your eyes the best you can, this will only cause the swelling to worsen.

If you're suffering from allergies, you can either alleviate your swollen eyes by using oral antihistamines and decongestants, as well as eye drops that contain antihistamines and decongestants. If you're not suffering from allergies, you can apply either a warm washcloth over your eyes for a period of time, or a cold ice pack over your eyes for a period of time. Both ways reduce the swelling.

I advice you to go for over the counter antihistamine and decongestant eye drops. If the symptom persists more than 3 to 4days i advice you to see ophthalmologist for examination.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor