Whom to consult for a upper and lower eyelid surgery?
Eye lid surgery for mainly drooping eye lid can be convective or cosmetic.
Hello and welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your question and understand your concern.
The surgery you are referring to is called blepharoplasty. It can be corrective or cosmetic.
Before surgery exact amount of drooping has to be calculated. Thyroid hormone assay is to be done and palpabral fissure measurement needs to be done, functioning of orbicularis oculi levator papabrae superiosis is to be tested.
If any trauma or nerve supply involvement is detected the surgery can be planed accordingly.
Can take help of other muscles which are functioning well, which can compensate the functioning.
Considering your age it appears to be lagging eye lid in my opinion it can be done better by plastic surgeon and eye surgeon can be associated.
Before planing surgery functioning of muscles should be tested. Action and association of superior rectus and inferior rectus, associated-functioning of oblique muscle is also to be taken in to acount,
Result of surgery is to be followed up in your case to check if there is obstruction of vision, so it should be cleared to get clear vision.
I hope I have been able to address your concern, please do get back to me if you have any doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Recovery after eyelid surgery
- Droopy eyelid surgery recovery
- Child upper double eyelid surgery
- Cosmetic eyelid surgery
- Ptosis eyelid surgery results
- Eyelid surgery recovery stages
- Cyst on eyelid surgery
- Lower eyelid surgery blepharoplasty
- Ptosis eyelid surgery procedure
- Are antibiotics recommended after upper eyelid surgery
- What causes involuntary eye movements after a vertigo attack?
- Is Motrin intake safe for viral fever with conjunctivitis?
- Suggest treatment for trichiasis with cataract in one eye
- Suggest treatment to cure eye infection
- What is a green mole in the eye?
- What causes irritation and itching on eye lids with thread like discharge?
- Suggest treatment for retinal tear
- What causes bleeding eye?
- What causes experiencing a shadow in right eye that twitches right to left?
- What causes blurred vision of one eye with history of cataract surgery?