What causes blurred vision after blepharoplasty?
Blurred vision following Blepharoplasty
Thank you for trusting HCM
Blurred vision following Blepharoplasty is very common. This is because of dry eyes, mild edema in the cornea and change in corneal curvature. Usually, this will subside in few days. If persistent, you will need a change in prescription glasses to accommodate the change in corneal curvature. Most cases of blurred vision (>94%) will go away in a year.
However, if you are diabetic I recommend getting evaluated by an ophthalmologist to rule out diabetic retinopathy. It is recommended for diabetic patients to undergo evaluation by an ophthalmologist every 5 years.
Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
Follow up answer
The epinephrine and lidocaine will not cause blurry vision or damage your eye.
Corneal and scleral edema is due to the dry eyes and manipulation of surrounding tissue during surgery.Dry eyes is due to the fact that the process of closing eye lids will be affected during and immediate post operative period.The scleral and corneal edema will distort the curvature of cornea contributing to blurred vision.
Continue using eye drops. It will take few days for eyes to completely recover. The blurred vision will susbside in 1-2 weeks .
Sometimes manipulation of upper lid can cause persistent distortion of corneal curvature.This can lead to persistent blurred vision. If you do not notice any improvement in 1 week, follow up with your ophthalmologist for new prescription glasses.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes occasional blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision after dialysis
- What causes blurred vision after a cataract surgery
- What causes extreme tierdnessvomitingshivering and blurred vision after physical exertion
- What causes blurred vision and headache after concussions
- What could be the cause of blurred vision
- What are the possible causes for blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision
- What causes sudden blurred vision
- What causes blurred vision and shakes
- Suggest treatment for chronic rhinosinusitis
- Suggest treatment for chronic constipation
- What causes severe muscle and upper body pain?
- Suggest remedies for delayed menstrual bleeding
- What causes intermittent sharp pain in the groin area while walking?
- Suggest ways to deal with behavioral volatility and emotional outbursts...
- Suggest treatment for pinched nerve spasms in the shoulders, neck and arms
- What do itchy rashes on the legs indicate?
- Suggest treatment for rashes between leg and scrotum
- What are the interactions when Bisoprolol, Amlodipine, Lisinopril and...