• question-icon

Have small blisters on the hands and feet. How to stop recurrence of Tinea versicolor? Treatment for Dyshidrosis?

Posted on Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in General Health
Question: Hi, I would need help with 2 medical conditions.
1) to stop recurrence of Tinea versicolor.
2) treatment for Dyshidrosis. small blisters on the hands and feet.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Miconazole

Detailed Answer:

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of Dermatology, working with an experienced dermatologist. I answer on his behalf.

Do apply Miconazole based ointment for the tinea infection. this will surely cure it within a matter of weeks. Apply the ointment after thoroughly washing the affected area in the night.

For Dyshidrosis, I would recommend you to continue the consumption of dry fruits you are on already. It does take few weeks to month for the condition to disappear.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Could you please recommend some Miconazole oinment name that I could get in a medical shop? Nizral is good and takes about a week for the condition to disappear but the problem is recurrence. It starts appearing again after a month may be. Is there some kind of diet deficiency that I would need to take care off so that my skin resistance towards this fungus improves?

For Dyshidrosis, again I am not able to find the reason why? Is it again because of diet deficiency? I have been taking those dry fruits for more than some 4 months now and only seeing a very marginal improvement at least now it is not spreading over.

I am taking home made food with all vegetables and what would a normal human take around but I am not sure whether I am deficient with a particular mineral or so. I dont think so there is any relation between Tinea and Dyshidrosis but I seriously doubt that I am missing some essential nutrients that are to be had. So any suggestion that you could provide will be of great help. Thank you so much!
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
D K gel and Ensure protein powder

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

You can apply D K Gel a well known brand for miconazole.

Also do take protein powder like Ensure with milk twice daily. This will treat any kind of deficiencies which can lead to such dermatological problems. Its minerals and vitamins which rule the health of the skin and hairs. Ensure is XXXXXXX in such essential vitamins and minerals.

Wish you good health.

regards,

Dr. Raju A.T