What does my lab test report indicate?

Posted on Tue, 22 Dec 2015 in General Health
Question: What does my lab test report indicate? and suggest for recover.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Suggested clinical consultation for below mentioned abnormal test results

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

Page 1 Your blood sugar level is normal

Page 2 Your lymphocytes are in upper limit of normal and this is not a problem. The red blood cells are slightly larger and few show abnormal shape. It is suggested that you get a peripheral blood smear done and discuss with your doctor. It can be due to liver problem, alcohol use, diet deficiency among others

Page 3 Amylase is for pancreas conditions and your level is normal

Page 4 Chloride is an important electrolyte for functioning of cells and it is normal

Page 5 Homocysteine is high for you. This is a marker for coronary heart disease and vascular problems like stroke and abnormal blood clotting. It can also be due to diet deficiency of vitamins and folic acid. Alcohol drinking and smoking can increase it.

Page 6 Iron level is normal

Page 7 Calcium is in lower limit of normal. You can eat calcium rich foods

Page 8 Lipase is a digestive enzyme and your level is normal

Page 9 Cholesterol level is normal

Page 10 Liver enzymes are mildly increased. It is important to know if you had any liver infection or take alcohol regularly. It should recover in 3 months.

Page 11 Testosterone level is in lower limit of normal

Page 12 Thyroid function test is normal

Page 13 There is vitamin D deficiency and vitamin B12 level is normal. Please discuss regarding taking vitamin D supplements with your doctor.

In conclusion, please discuss your macrocytes in blood, low vitamin D and mildly increased liver enzyme and low testosterone with your doctor. Please follow a healthy lifestyle.

Hope your query is answered.
Please write back if you have any doubts.

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist