Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
145 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggested to take calcirol, biomulsion and macalvit after getting the blood test done. Are these medications safe while having renal calculi and fibroid?

hi, Since had a Little toe injury my Doc asked me to do Calcium,CBC, Uric Acid , Vitamin D3 tests.the reports were as follows: 1.CBC report shows:Mean Corpuscular HGB.: H 33.7pg(Normal is 27.0-32.0) and Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration:H 36.4 g/dl(Normal is 31.5-34.5) 2. Calcium:9.2 mg/dl(Normal 8.4-10.2) 3. Uric Acid:4.4 mg/dl(Normal 3.0-8.0) 4. 25-Hydroxyvitamin D: L 5.0 ng/mL(Deficiency: 20.0) Can you tell me what each test represents and also what the L-low level and H-high level impact is and how to heal? Following supplements have been prescribed: 1.Calcirol 1 sachet daily for 7 days 2.Biomulsion D 1 drop daily for 2 yrs. 3.Macalvit 500 once/day for 2 years. I am a Female of 38years.Wanted to know if the above supplements can be taken if I have Renal Calculi and Fibroid though need to do health check up,done 3 years back.
Thu, 13 Sep 2012
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
After going through your investigations report 25 Hydroxy vitamin is 5.0 ng/ml which is low,Hypovitaminosis D can cause Osteomalacia in adults which means fragile bones and muscle weakness,some times there may be disorder of PTH (Parathyroid hormone ). In childeren it is called Rickets.
Vit D is synthesized by exposure to sunlight and diet sources . there may be diet deficiency or no exposure to sun light some times use of sunblock cream may reduce it.
up to 4000 U/day may be given to adults
For bone health a BMD study may be advised
About renal stones and fibroid get yourself checked by Surgeon and/or Gynaecologist and approprite investigations like Abdominal sonography.
Good luck to you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Iam 49 yrs old.I have bulky uterus with fibroid( uterus bulky and measures 8.8x4.5cm. A hypoechoic area seen in my uterus measuring 1.6x 1.5 cm in...

Recent questions on  Diet deficiency

doctor1 MD

What does my lab test report indicate? and suggest for recover.

doctor1 MD

My 3 year old daughter always has these dark circles under her eyes. I am a bit worried. Please advise what it could be. Shes energetic, healthy,...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I would need help with 2 medical conditions. 1) to stop recurrence of Tinea versicolor . 2) treatment for Dyshidrosis . small blisters on the...

doctor1 MD

I have recently found out I have Polands syndrome. I have just spent 17 days in hospital because they have also been trying to find out what is...

doctor1 MD

hi, Since had a Little toe injury my Doc asked me to do Calcium,CBC, Uric Acid , Vitamin D3 tests.the reports were as follows: 1.CBC report...