Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

158 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Have recurrent hematospermia. Suggest some permanent treatment

Answered by
Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3769 Questions

Posted on Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Men's Health
Question: Dear Urologist, I have recurrent hematospermia. First episode was one year which spontaneously resolved without treatment. One year ago Had a abdominal Ultrasound which was suggestive of calculi in or around the prostate. Did not undergo a TRUS. Now my hematospermia recurred. Initially I noticed some heat and tingling XXXXXXX inside my penis while getting aroused during the initial phases of masturbation. Then during midpoint of masturbating I notice some bright red blood which made me stop masturbating. Then as I tried to urinate I had some pain, resistance and eventually urinated a few blood clots followed by clearing. Unfortunately this has recurred twice more in a week. I masturbated today and noticed bright red blood with the ejaculate sperm.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 5 hours later

Thanks for your query. I read your query and understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) The symptoms you are describing could be related to calculi and its complications.

2) Calculi anywhere in urinary tract flow down. When small calculi try to come out through narrow urethra, they cause pain as well as bleeding.

3) Since ultrasound has already demonstrated calculi around prostate, I advice you to undergo a procedure called cystoscopy.

4) Cystoscopy is a procedure in which calculi are directly visualised using a scope. If there are any calculi in bladder or urethra causing the problem, they can be removed at the same time which is a treatment.

5) Please visit a urologist for the same. Probably there is a calculi in urethra which is causing the above symptoms and need to be removed by cystoscopy.

I hope I answered your query.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Mohammed Kappan
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Koregol,
I appreciate your prompt response. Just to confirm, I forgot to emphasize that my hematuria was only secondary to the hematospermia. I have never had any pure instances of hematuria without it being related to hematospermia or blood from my pre-ejaculate.
Based upon these symptoms, from an anatomical standpoint, is it possible that a stone or several small calculi or lodged somewhere in the vas deferans or seminal vesicles or some other part of the genitourinary stream other than urethra or the bladder? I just feel that my primary problem is not in the urinary tract like traditional kidney stones as I've never had any of the other upper or lower urinary tract symptoms (of renal colic associated with nephrolithiasis).
My next concern is of some type of unusual infection XXXXXXX inside the genitourinary system or prostate gland. I have had occasional red streaks on my glans penis but no other stigmata of an STD or visible condyloma from HPV. But XXXXXXX inside my head I wonder if there is some type of HPV related infection internally causing periodic sloughing, tissue breakdown followed by hematospermia and blood in the pre-ejaculate.
One last thing I forgot to mention is that I periodically use Cialis. Is it possible that this is also contributing to my bleeding?

Thank you in advance for thoroughly answering my question.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Hi, glad to see your reply.

Following is my reply :

1) The trauma due to calculi is more pronounced in erectile state. If not due to violent masturbation, the only other possibility is calculi ad you have rightly mentioned.

2) Please get your urine and sperm culture done. It will bring out any organism possible for infection.

3) Cialis is unlikely to produce such bleeding. I don't think that could be the cause.

Let me know if you have any more doubts.

Dr XXXXXXX koregol

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,   ,   ,  
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Hpv

doctor1 MD

Hello. Ive been in and out of hospital/family physicians care for the past 2 months. I continue to get rectal bleeding (light red colour, often not serious). They ve done a scope and found a minor cut and believe it is an issue caused hard stools. In addition the exterior of my anus looks and even feels different. There is a white/pink, (looks like a flap of wrinkled skin) that comes out of the anus. Its hard when i touch it. I dont experience pain but it does itch from time to time. I asked and the doctors and they said it wasnt a hemorrhoid nor did it look like HPV. Im curious what do you believe it could be, and if I were to go see a gynecologist, what should I ask for?

doctor1 MD

Hi, I have warts on my anus which my doctor has said its HPV :( my question is that the doctor gave me some cream to treat these warts (Aldara 5% cream) I started putting this stuff on which burns after applied for for the second time then after the 3rd or 4th time the burning is quite bad and when I wipe my self it feels like the skin is being torn away via sand paper, I have noticed because of this cream that I get thick yellow gunk that comes from most of the area of the anus and surrounding skin, does this mean in allergic to this cream or is all this pain and yellow infection normal? as I am worried this will lead to turning into cancer etc

doctor1 MD

I contracted HPV 6 months ago and I want to clean out my system and boost my immune system. I purchased a mineral cleanser for my colon, apple cidar vinegar tablets, echinacea & goldenseal for immune system, and a chlorophyll concentrate called chloroxygen to oxygenate the blood. Would you recommend taking these in a particular order for best results? Is chloroxygen a good product?

doctor1 MD

i took my 8 yr old daughter to the urgent care facility in town and originall the dr said she had HPV. after he left the room he came back in and told me she had molluscum dermatitis. i wanted to know how one can get it (MC)? and how can it be confused as HPV

doctor1 MD

hi I was wondering if you could tell me if I have hpv . I sweat a lot down there and went to the doc about a week ago. when i got there the condition went down a lot and he told me it could be a heat rash . however it came back again though, I did...

doctor1 MD

Hi, please need your help on this to get clarified. 1) I had protected intercourse with 4 sex workers. I didn't find any breakage in condom in all occasions. 2) I did kissing (not deep, not even with tongue) 3) fingered in the girls vagina (as far...

doctor1 MD

I have two white bumpy areas near the base of my tongue. I would like to determine if it is oral HPV . They are slightly raised and appear white compared to the rest of my tongue. I noticed them because I felt I had something in my throat. I also...