Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Have problem of wetting the bed. Underlying cause?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3094 Questions
I am a 39 year old women and for the last several months I have been wetting the bed what can I do.
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Clinical review, diabetes screen and urine culture

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

The two main possibilities are a weakness of the pelvic floor. It might necessary to consult a gynecologist or urogynecologist if available in your area. A proper clinical review of course forms the main basis of diagnosis. The specific tests shall be oriented by clinical exam . However, urine analysis and culture, fasting blood sugar are initial and indispensable tests in the evaluation process.

I suggest you book an appointment with a gynecologist. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor