Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

Have primary and secondary lymphedema. Help?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 662 Questions
Am looking for a specialist that knows about lymphedema. I have primary and secondary lymphedema. My right leg is very uncontrolled at the moment and I need help.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There are many centers in your area.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for the query,

I am quoting some good lymphedema experts of your area,

Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center
3333 XXXXXXX Creek Parkway, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX NC 0000

Grand Strand Regional Medical Center
809 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 0000

Sampson Regional Medical Center
607 Beaman Street, XXXXXXX NC 0000

Carolinas Medical Center - XXXXXXX
433 Mcalister Road, Lincolnton, NC 0000

Kershaw Health
Haile And XXXXXXX Streets Box 7003, XXXXXXX SC 0000

For any further details please let me know, i will give you the details in the followup.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have primary and secondary lymphedema. Help? 2 hours later
Have had this diagnosed for over 30 years. Have done massage, wraps, compression stockings. Am tired of constant battle. Need something new
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 46 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes, there is surgical intervention for permanentc

Detailed Answer:
hi again, and sorry for being late.

actually the treatment if lymphedema is mainly surgical rather medical .

My advice is to consult a surgeon as soon as possible to get permanent cure of your condition.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Hematologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor