What causes leaky lymph glands in the groin?

Question
leaky lymph glands in pelvic/groin making both legs swell increasingly and I am told by my massage person that groin lymph nodes are congested and i need to seek medical help. Soon I will be in wheel chair if I can't get swelling down to walk.

Fri, 20 Apr 2018 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation. Filariasis could be a possible cause

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. However, it is not clear what you mean by leaky lymph glands. I assume that you mean that leakage from lymph nodes is causing lymphedema or swelling of feet. Please confirm. If that is the case, the underlying pathology needs to be looked into. Infestation with microfilariae could give rise to such a condition. If that is the case, treatment with antifilarials like DEC can provide relief. I would insist you to visit a doctor and to get yourself evaluated. Treatment will depend on the findings.

Let me know if I could help further.