Owl Image

What causes cold sensation in the right arm?

Owl Image
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Question
I had a PE 6 years ago and I am now having some issues that concern me. I am feeling cold sensation in my right arm and hand and my right leg is swelling considerably. I have not injured it and it goes down at night when it elevated but all the way down. It is now, after a week or so, starting to have some pain in the leg also.
Thu, 21 Dec 2017 in Veins and Arteries

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs work up and management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Cold sensation and swelling in right arm and leg for a week which resolves on elevation and at night is likely a vasogenic cause, Lymphedema, hypothyroidism, neuropathies, vasculopathies, low proteins (hypoproteinemia ) , congestive heart problems, obesity and local inflammatory processes need to be sorted out. Please consult your local physician, they will run some tests and examine the swelling and compare it with other side to have a clue and then proceed accordingly.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Regrds XXXXXXX