Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have phomosis. Prominent phimotic ring and white patches appeared on foreskin. What are the chances of penile cancer or BXO?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
i have phomosis since i was 19 but at that time it was slow and i vasn't knowing about it but i am 25 now and foreskin has developed a prominent phimotic ring.....white patches have developed on the foreskin whic comes out as flakes or threads of skin when scratched gently........recently ihave seen white patches on my glans just beside the frenulum..........these patches also come out as threads of flake from time to time......though i thought it as smegma retention but now i am thinking that its bit more serious than that ...............
i have consulted a lot of docs but none has given me right advice....please suggest me right doctor for this in the eastern region....i am worried...........two things are intriguing me 1. BXO and next 2.PENILE CANCER
please help
Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Thanks or the query.
You seem to be suffering from balanoposthitis.
It is defined  as the inflammation of the foreskin and glans in uncircumcised males. Balanoposthitis  occurs over a wide age range and may have any of multiple bacterial or fungal origins.
 Complex infections have been well documented, often from a poorly retractile foreskin and poor hygiene that leads to colonization and overgrowth.
 Treatment focuses on clearing the acute infection and preventing recurrent inflammation/infection through improved hygiene. Although not as necessary as in the past, circumcision may be considered for refractory or recurrent balanoposthitis. 
Topical antibiotics (metronidazole cream) and antifungals (clotrimazole cream) or low-potency steroid creams for contact dermatitides often lead to clearing of the lesion.[30, 31]
Proper hygiene with frequent washing and drying of the prepuce is an essential preventive measure.
Circumcision may be advocated in recurrent and recalcitrant cases. 
Although circumcision has been advocated for refractory or recurrent cases, this is now primarily used if improved drying and hygiene are not effective.

It is not phimosis as you can retract the skin.
Nobody can retract the foreskin of an erect penis.
Get your blood sugar tested to rule out diabetes

You should consult a general surgeon in medical college of your area or a government hospital in your area for the treatment.
It doesn't look like penis cancer.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have phomosis. Prominent phimotic ring and white patches appeared on foreskin. What are the chances of penile cancer or BXO? 6 hours later
ok sir
i have attatched some pics plzz look it once
i ll like to ask you that u said it is not phimosis ...but if u read my querry carefully. u will find thet i mentioned about a ring being formed. My foreskin formed a ring like structure near the head of fore skin ....which make retraction difficult.............u ruled out Penile cancer but what about BXO??
that worries i ll like to tell you that there is no itching and pain is also momentarily and very rare like never

sir i ll be obliged if you can suggest me some aprpriate docs in kolkata so that i can get examined and treated.................................and also can you tell me that if blanoposittihis is curable or not??? i do look after hygine and wash my penis two times aq day
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 17 minutes later
It may or may not be BXO.
the best would be to go to the medical college in Kolkata and consult a urologist for the proper diagnosis of your condition.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor