Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Have pain in right side. Took OTC pain killers. Have fever and chills. Could this be my appendix?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6182 Questions
Hello, my name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I have pain in my right side for about a week now. It has been a dull constant pain, that seems to be worse now. OTC pain killers do not help, I do not have fever, chills, or anything else. Could this be my appendix? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Appendidcitis...Maybe but not exclusively

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain. I hope together we get to figure out what the exact cause is and propose solutions to you.

A constant pain on the right side always raises the suspicion of appendicitis though could be explained by some many other different conditions like infections of the right tube, ovary, kidney, etc. To make the difference between these different possible causes, a detailed interview, complete and comprehensive physical exam alongside some tests if need be.

Because this pain is getting worse without any clearly identified cause, I would strongly discourage you from taking pain medications as this may mask the exact clinical presentation and make diagnosis difficult.

I will suggest that you go ahead a book an appointment to XXXXXXX with your doctor so that the he can go ahead and do the above mentioned procedures to identify the cause and provide specific treatment to you.

In all, could be appendicitis but there are many other possible causes too. Get consulted for the exact cause to be identified and specific treatment offered.

Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask me for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of possible outcomes and hope the cause of this turns out to be a very minor and easily correctable problem.
Dr. Ditah, MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor