Have pain and stiffness at both ends of spinal column. How to get rid of pain?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain and stiffness at both ends of the spinal column. I get temporary relief from gentle stretching exercises and physiotherapy. But the pain creeps back.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do MRI SPINE Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to compression of this nerve root there can be stiffness and pain associated with it. I will advise you to do MRI spine There can be degenerative sacroiliac arthritis or associated facet arthropathy. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can continue physiotherapy Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. For age related osteoporosis you may need to take calcium with vitamin D Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.