Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Have muscle stiffness in arms, burning sensation in forehead and teeth area. Required treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 561 Questions
I have burning sensation in my forehead as well as tooth pain that hops from tooth to tooth. I have no congestion but my face in my cheek and nose area has slight burning sensation as well. Any thoughts? I have muscle stiffness in arms and neck as well.
Posted Wed, 3 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 2 hours later
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
There are two possibilities for this presentation. Trigeminal neuralgia of opthalmic and mandibular branch may cause burning sensation in forehead and teeth area.
Another chance is that tooth decay which may radiate to face. Also sometimes due hyperthyroidism excessive burning sensation can be felt. But it is usually generalised , very rarely focal as in your case.
I would like to suggest please consult your neurologist for detailed clinical examination. If there is pathology then you may need medical management like gabapentin tablets.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern, please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor