Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have mass growth on body. What care should be taken? Should I go for surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 38 Questions
My Wife XXXXXXX has a mass in her Body .Detailed MRI scan and report is attached .Seek Your advise as can we report to MIOT for surgery and how safe it is and what would be the approx Hospital expenses?
Posted Mon, 5 Nov 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Radhakrishna Patta 8 hours later
Dear Mr.Suresh!

Thanks for the query.

Your wife seems to have a cystic lump in front of her sacral bone. It does not look ominous to me and can be safely removed. I suggest you go ahead with surgery. It most probably may be a neuro-ectodermal tumor and generally does not recur. I cannot comment on the expense as it varies from hospital to hospital.

Do write back if you have more queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have mass growth on body. What care should be taken? Should I go for surgery? 2 hours later
Which is the best hospital for this surgery in Chennai and in Coimbatore?
Answered by Dr. Radhakrishna Patta 23 minutes later

For best results it requires a combination of the best of surgical technique and equally best technology. You can XXXXXXX me at Apollo Hospital in Chennai, the best team within your reach.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor