Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have lump behind ear with ringing noise. Feels like swollen eardrum. What should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3632 Questions
I have a lump (lymph node) behind my right ear with ringing or noise in ear, loss of hearing. Feels like the ear drum is swollen. Onset about 6-8 months, lump is bigger now
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query.

If lump is associated with tinnitus (ringing) and loss of hearing, it probably is due to Otitis media complicated into mastoiditis.

Do take anti-inflammtories like tab Mortin 400mg twice daily after food , this will reduce the inflammation and swelling.

I suggest you to consult an ENT (Ear Nose and Throat ) specialist , who can confirm the fact after examining you.If the condition is in early stages then treatment with antibiotics would suffice,Mastoiditis if chronic is treated by surgery.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do ask if any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor