Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Have knots near my butt crack. No discharge. What it could be?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3631 Questions
I have what feels like to knots near my butt crack on the right cheek its just red no puss or discharge and they're very painful do you knoe what it could be?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

The lesion you describe could probably be a boil due to follicultis, such lesions are more commonly found on the buttock cheeks. This happens due to bacterial infection of the hair follicle.

The lesion may evolve soon into a pus filled boil, then you may have to get it broken and express all of the pus and debris from it and dress the wound with antibiotic ointment like MUPIROCIN. Also you will need a course of antibiotics especially like Clarythromycin or Azythromycin for a period of 5 days.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please do let me know if there are any other concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor