Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Have interstitial cystitis. Cystoscopy shows raw bladder. Have pain and blood in urine. How do I get doctor to listen?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 21 Questions
severe intersitial cysitisI have been diagnosed with severe Intersitial Cystitis. I had a cystoscopy done a week ago and was told I barely had any bladder lining left and that my bladder is raw. I am having flare ups so severe and the pain is so bad that I have been throwing up. I can't get my urologist to listen to me. I went to the er a week ago and feel I need to go again tonight. how do I get the er doctor to listen to me. there is blood in my urine as well. please help me.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Pramod B Ramamurthy 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Cystitis with hematuria can be caused by a lot of conditions including interstitial cystitis.

Pentosan Polysulphate Sodium (PPS) tablets help in regenerating the Glycosaminoglycan (GAG) in the bladder sub mucosa which is deficient in interstitial cystitis and give good pain relief. It is available in India as COMFORA which should be taken under supervision of the urologist.

Cystoscopy with hydrodistension of bladder under anaesthesia helps to relieve symptoms for 6 months to 1 year.

Hope this helps. Please do write back for further discussion on this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor