Have high blood pressure and abscess tooth. Urine analysis done. What does the report suggest?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in General Health
Question: 54 year old female with recently identified high blood pressure. No other symptomss. Weight 251.8. Height 5'4". Fighting a badly abscessed tooth same day as urinalysis. Also, was not hydrated day of test. Looking to understand results of urinalysis: Color - yellow, Appearance - clear, specific gravity - >=1.030, Glucose - negative, Ketones - negative, Ua hgb - negative, Protein - 2+, Nitrite - negative, leukocyte esterase - negative, bilirubin, negative, WBC - 5-10, Bacteria - urine HPF - trace, RBC - 0-3, Epithelial cells - 2+, mucus - 1+
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
Your BMI is 44. Body Mass Index(BMI) is an index of body weight and height which indicates whether you are overweight/underweight.
The normal range is 19-25. You are Morbidly Obese.
Tooth abscess needs to be cleaned and you need systemic antibiotics.
Your urine report indicates an inflammation in urinary tract. It can be a UTI or a stone.
You should get a CBC, Urine routine routine and culture and an ultrasound of abdomen. Prior to these investigations you should ensure that you are well hydrated for a day or two, so that to avoid artifacts.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!