Suggest treatment for tooth abscess and swelling
Due to the abscess itself.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A swelling only on one side of the face is less likely to be due to pre eclampsia. A tooth abscess can cause the swelling if the infection is severe. Taking oral antibiotic will not control the infection immediately if there is a some pus collection inside. Only the drainage of abscess will help in decreasing the swelling. You need an oral surgeon to drain the abscess.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Yes. It spreads quickly.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. A swelling due to abscess or local infection is quick to spread and is painful too.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Tooth abscess cheek swelling
- Leukemia and tooth abscess
- Treatment for painful tooth abscess during pregnancy
- Treatment and cure for Tooth abscess
- Tooth abscess after root canal treatment
- Is apo amoxi used in the treatment of tooth abscess ?
- Tooth abscess children swelling fever
- Tooth abscess no pain swelling on chin
- Tooth abscess symptoms eyes swell
- Tooth abscess and feet swelling
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...