Can an abscessed tooth cause swollen lymph nodes?
Lower jaw tooth abcess
Lumpth node, rubbery, firm and painful
When i drink more swells more following hours into next morning with sharper pain.
Scared its lympthoma?
Reactionary Lymphadenitis, not Lymphoma.
Thanks for the query..
As you have a tooth abscess then it is a clear indication that the lymph nodes are inflamed due to tooth infection..
Also painful swollen lymph nodes are commonly due to Infection..
You should get your abscessed tooth treated with Root Canal treatment or extraction followed by antibiotics and anti inflammatory painkillers..
It will help in resolving the swelling and pain related to the lymph nodes too..
For further confirmation you can get an ultrasound and FNAC of the lymph nodes..
Hope this helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Smoking cause swollen lymph node
- Nicotine cause swollen lymph nodes
- What cause swollen lymph nodes
- Will costochondritis cause swollen lymph nodes
- Dentures causes swollen lymph nodes
- Causes swollen lymph node groin
- Implanon causing swollen lymph nodes
- Pimples causing swollen lymph nodes
- Causes swollen lymph nodes neck
- Causes of swollen lymph nodes
- Suggest treatment for radiating pain in jaw
- Suggest treatment for raised bumps on tongue
- What causes cramps and weakness post intake of Clindamycin and Oxycodone?
- Is Tylenol advisable for pain while on Ramipril and Atorvastatin?
- What causes gum sensitivity along with puffiness and sensitivity inside...
- What causes a painless patch inside the left cheek?
- What causes bleeding gums while brushing?
- What causes lower front teeth pain and bleeding gums while on Storvas?
- What causes severe tooth pain post a root canal?
- Suggest remedies for dental abscess