Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Have gall bladder removed. Suffering from indigestion, belching and pain in rib. How to get cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1828 Questions
I have a sharp, intermittent pain in my lower right ribs. I had my gall-bladder removed four years ago and the pain is very similar. I have been also suffering from indigestion with a lot of belching and wind. I have not been sick and do not have diarrhoea. My temperature is normal. I do drink alcohol, but not for the last three weeks. The pain is sharp and specific, just where my gall-bladder was or maybe just below that. I have no other symptoms and don't feel ill, have good energy levels etc. I am also quite bloated, but this seems to be relieved by the passing of wind. The pain is also temporarily relieved by passing wind or belching.
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to answer your query.
The possible cause could be intestinal gas due to maldigestion or acid peptic disease

The following test may be done for evaluation -
1. Upper GI endoscopy
2. Tests for malabsorption/maldigestion

You can do the following for relief -
1. Avoid dairy products, beans , lentils, cabbage, broccoli, chewing gum
2. Take OTC prilosec once a day before breakfast
3. Avoid drinkong alcohol.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept this answer and rate this service.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor