Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Have dry, itchy skin on face with rash and white flakes. How to treat this?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Face is dry with redness like rash with white flakes when face is dry. Sometime it is itchy. It also appears two years ago, same season spring when this redness in my face appears.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The redness of your face may be due to dryness of the skin.

Or it may be due to seasonal allergy as it is previously appeared in the same spring season.

Do you have any history of food allergy?

But physical examination of the rash by a doctor is important to come to a conclusion.

It will be more helpful if you can upload the picture of the rash over your face to examine it and to advise you in a better way.

For dryness apply a moisturizing lotion or cream to the face twice or thrice daily to maintain skin hydration.

Take plenty of water and oral fluids.

For itching you can take an oral antihistamine like cetirizine in prescribed dose at bed time.

Kindly furnish the details I have asked in your next query.

Regards and awaiting for your follow up query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor