Have cold sweats, nausea, dizziness and elevated blood pressure. On BP medication, plavix, aspirin. Is it due to medicine reaction?

Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Blood Disorders
Question: I have cold sweats, nausea, dizziness, elevated blood pressure (160-180 systolic, 90-105 diastolyic), normal heartbeat, fatigue, dry heaves. On several BP meds, plavix, aspirin, vytorin. Age 74. No chest pain. No symptoms of stroke. RElatively sudden onset this am before getting out of bed. Symptoms lessening as day goes on. Feel crappy. Never had this before. Wonder if it is due to medicine reaction?
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your concern carefully, and if I were your caring doctor, I would like to have more of your clinical details as following: - have you had common cold or flu recently? - what about your blood glucose levels + HbA1C - were the results normal when you checked them? If the above data are negative and the tests were normal, then, persistent high blood pressure is causing such problems. If I were your caring doctor, would change your current therapy (drugs class and doses). As you had stent in 2005, it is compulsory to keep blood pressure at least under 140/90 mm Hg. - Next, orthostatic blood pressure is also to be excluded. Please contact your doctor immediately to evaluate further your situation and to make the most suitable changes. For the time being, I would suggest to avoid overload in work, excess stress, drink more water and eat healthy, avoid salt in your menu. Hope it helped! Dr.Benard p.d. if you have more concern, please write back to me!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T