Have cold and itchy groin area. What could be causing this?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: hi, am having itchy balls, my dick and balls feels cold, what could cause this?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
ITCHING on scrotum and its sides with a cold feeling is most probably due to ring worm infection (Dermatophytes).

It is easily curable with appropriate antifungal antibiotics both topical and systemic and anti-histamines for itching. Both have to be continued for at least 4 weeks to prevent recurrences on the advice of your Dermatologist.

You may try an over the counter available ointment like Candid or clotrimazole twice daily on the affected parts for 4 weeks.

Avoid sharing your clothes, towel, and soaps with others and avoid bathing in common pool. Use cotton inner-wears and avoid tight clothing and its continuous use more than 10-12 hours.

The other possibilities are seborrheic Dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis and may be due to ecto-parasites. These can be differentiated well by your dermatologist, and all can be easily managed well and he/she will help you recover fast.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.