Owl Image

Have albumin in urine. Sugar and BP are normal. How could be this possible?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2012
Sep 2012

Question
respected sir my urine albumin level indicates +++ values while my sugar level in fastening stage and PP stage as well as blood urea level shows normal value.can you please tell me what is the problem and the criticality involves in it while the sugar value is nil in urine and my BP is also normal
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Kidney Conditions

Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 24 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, in urine, protein may get increased in many conditions. The list is very long. Basically, it indicates defects in kidney function. That means, in normal condition, albumin should be absorbed in kidney and thus it is absent in urine. When this filtration mechanism fails, then albumin comes into urine.

In urinary tract infection, the protein level is high. That is natural. When the infection disappears, protein level should come back to normal.

What was the other parameters of urine?

You should write back that report in a follow up query.

Regards.