How can chronic back pain and hematuria be treated?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I having microscopic hematuria and back pain since 2008 . Some Dr says it's normal. I have simple cyst in kidney. Please let me know how serious is this or is it normal
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs to consult qualified Nephrologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts and all the reports of relevant tests that you have posted you have been detected to have microscopic Hematuria and back ache since last 8 years .

There is lot of controversion over the no of Dysmorphic RBC that can be considered to be of significance and demand further investigations to rule out any Renal pathology as a cause for presence of Dysmorphic RBC in urine .However it is widely accepted that presence of less than 3000-8000 Dysmorphic RBC should be considered to be normal unless patient has some other findings like presence of Proteinuria ,Cast detected in urine analysis .

In view of you having 289 Dysmorphic RBC and not having proteinuria and absence of casts strongly rules out any significant renal pathology or Glomelular disease.

As regards back ache it can be due to presence of a small calyceal calculus in the kidney which can be confirmed by doing Ultrasound Scanning of abdomen .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
I have done ultra sound of abdomen and there is no calculus. is cyst in kedney resulted in rbc or back pain. is cytoscopy and cytology needed
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cyst in Kidney can be a cause for back ache

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
The cysts as reported are very small However tension within cyst can cause back ache .

As regards need for cystoscopy .It will not be of much help to establish diagnosis .Cytology is not advised as these are RBC and not any other cells .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 17 minutes later
is there any medication required to avoid further complications and to eliminate rbc from urine. any medication or diet for removing cyst
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cysts are congenital in origin and do not require treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .Renal Cysts are simple cysts and are congenital in origin and do not require any treatment .Treatment is required in situations like when they get infected or increase in size suddenly .

There is no medication to avoid further complications which are very unlikely .You have to monitor it with frequent routine analysis and consult Nephrologist if needed.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
OK thanks can you suggest name of best nepherologist in navi XXXXXXX if at visit needed
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I have no idea about Nephrologist in Navi XXXXXXX .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
I am practicing in Banglaore and have no knowledge about Nephrologist in Navi XXXXXXX .You can take help of your family Physician.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Paatil.