Have Vitiligo below lips. Planning for second pregnancy, will my baby be affected by Vitiligo?
Thanks for your health concerns.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease, and is rare to manifest at birth. Usually it happens in early adulthood in susceptible families.
Now your child would be at higher risk than the general population; but it is impossible to predict if he or she will be affected at some point in her life.
In terms of thyroid disease, many mothers lead completely normal pregnancies even on thyroid supplementation as long as they remain within normal range for TSH; currently yours is XXXXXXX l but you would need monitoring of TSH at different points during pregnancy
Hope this helps, wish you the best health to you and your children, blessings
Dr Brenes Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does vitiligo affect the spleen
- Precautions during pregnancy for vitiligo
- Does marijuana affect vitiligo
- Vitiligo improves with pregnancy
- Levamisole in pregnancy and vitiligo
- Vitiligo function affect
- Lip vitiligo chapped lips
- Lemon in water affect vitiligo
- Vitiligo and pregnancy
- Vitiligo treatment and pregnancy
- Noticed bruise on skin after showering. Having frequent urination....
- Getting metallic taste in mouth, low grade fever, ringing in ears and...
- Headaches, high fever, allergies, achy sore eye, running nose Had GAD....
- Have tiny bumps and discolotation on ankles. Is this normal?
- Having normal BP, headaches, shaky hands and tired. What could be the...
- Advised test for TSH, lipid panel, cbc and metabolism. Do I have STD?
- Had squamous cell removed from chest. Feeling tired all the time. What...
- Have red bumps with white head on penis. No pain or itching. Could this...
- Getting blurred vision and feeling of roller coaster when laying down....
- Drank red wine. Got fever. Blood lipid panel test done. Reason for...