Hard,tender lump on side of face,lump rolls,eyelid swollen after tick attached to it
Thanks for the query
With the brief description you have mentioned, the lesion could be either an allergic reaction to an insect bite or a lymph node secondary to the infection in the surrounding region.
In the first condition, because of the introduction of irritative substance into skin by insect bite or by other means, an allergic reaction sets in, wherein the various mediators of inflammation are released causing redness, swelling and pain.
In the second instance, there are lymph nodes present in front of the ear which get enlarged because of the infection in the surrounding area. These lymph nodes help in combating the infection and meanwhile get enlarged according to the severity. They are also called policeman of our body.
Without a proper examination it is very difficult to come to a conclusion whether it is just a reaction to the tick bite or enlarged lymph node secondary to the reaction over the eye.
In any case, you can try taking antihistaminics to reduce the allergic reaction and an antiinflammatory (such as diclofenac/ibuprofen) to reduce the pain and inflammation. If the swelling does not subside, you might as well require an antibiotic to combat the infection consult your treating for the same.
Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen lump on side of body painful in middle rib
- Hot swollen lump on side of wrist
- Painful swollen lump on face near eye
- Swollen lump left side above hip
- Swollen lump side ankle squishy
- Swollen lump in neck after eating
- Huge red swollen lump after injecting herione
- Swollen lump on the knuckle after an injury cartilage damage
- Swollen lump under arm pit after exercise
- Swollen lump in right side of throat