Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Hard lump between ribs that is tender to touch. Any ideas ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
hi I've noticed a hard lump between my ribs. It doesn't hurt but kind of tender to touch. I've only noticed it last month or so.
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 6 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
Any lump that is present for one month needs investigation. It may represent a local skin lesion or may be a sign of some systemic disease.
I suggest you should see a General Surgeon as they are considered to be expert people to diagnose such lumps. Please note that, I did not mean to say that you are going to need a Surgery but doctor may take a sample of your lump by a syringe to confirm his/her clinical diagnosis & to give you appropriate management advise.
Hope this answers your query. Please feel free to write back if you have any other concerns.
Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor